Payment represents your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
Parks Victoria and National Parks and Wildlife Service NSW are the Land Management Agencies, charged with protecting our wilderness. Rafting Australia is proud to hold permits with these agencies, allowing us to conduct river trips on precious land and water that might otherwise be inaccessible to most members of the public. Land Management agencies reserve the right to cancel trips for safety reasons. If this occurs we will work with the client (you) to reschedule your trip on a mutually suitable date. No administration fee will be incurred.
Rescheduling and trip alterations:
As our river experiences are offered in the outdoors we are subject to environmental changes, if these changes result in excess or insufficient water for our craft to safely negotiate the river the raft type or the location of the trip may be altered or your trip may be rescheduled. This policy is critical for the safety of our clients and staff. Deposits will not be refunded in this situation, as you will be offered the choice of a trip on another river or on the same river on another date. In 24 years of commercial operation 5 trips have been rescheduled due to environmental factors. No administration fee will be incurred.
Cancellation and Refunds:
If you find it necessary to cancel your trip, please notify us as soon as possible. You can telephone or email. Cancellation penalties are: 100%, if you cancel 10 days prior to departure, 50% 21 days prior to departure and cancellations 30 days or more prior to the trip earn a full refund less a $50 per person administration fee. We regret we cannot make exceptions for personal emergencies. For this reason, we strongly urge you to purchase trip cancellation insurance (see “Insurance” below). If you have any questions regarding our cancellation policy for a specific trip, please consult your itinerary.
Personal postponement of your trip may be made up to 14 days prior to your booking. A rebooking fee of $25 will apply. This is often preferred to cancellation.
All prices are in Australian Dollars. Prices include GST and National Park fees.
Gift Voucher Refunds/Transfers
All Rafting Australia Gift Vouchers, which may be identified by the existence of a registration number and matching expiry date, are non-refundable and not exchangeable/redeemable for cash. Gift vouchers may be transferred to a third party for an administration fee of $25.
Lost/Stolen Gift Vouchers:
If a Rafting Australia Gift Voucher is received and subsequently lost, the recipient may be eligible to have a replacement voucher emailed to them.
Conditions for replacement of lost Gift Vouchers:
1. The voucher is still valid and has not yet been transferred or used.
2. Proof of purchase is provided; order number, purchaser’s full name and purchaser’s email address.
3. Rafting Australia is able to correctly verify you as the original recipient.
Please note it is the voucher recipient’s responsibility to obtain and provide Rafting Australia with all required verification details. Failure to do so will mean no replacement voucher can be issued.
Gift Voucher Expiry-
Rafting Australia Gift Vouchers must be used within 12 months of the purchase date.
Expired vouchers are non-refundable in whole or in part. After a voucher has expired, it is no longer valid and all transaction attempts will be declined.
If you require a valid Gift Voucher to be extended there is a $50 admin fee per voucher. These vouchers will only be valid for rafting trips conducted during the months of September and October in the following year.
Although there are few prerequisites for joining a Rafting Australia trip, weight restrictions may apply, and being healthy certainly makes the experience more rewarding. People with heart trouble and pregnant women should have a physician’s approval before taking a river trip. Persons with various disabilities are welcome on Rafting Australia trips, pending a discussion of any special requirements.
Although our intention is for a safe trip for all, we strongly recommend that you protect yourself, your belongings, and your vacation through the purchase of a short-term traveler’s policy and Ambulance Service Membership. A trip cancellation policy covers your non-refundable payments in most cases, should you have to cancel your trip at the last minute due to illness or injury. Trip participants should realize that in the event of illness or injury on a river trip, evacuation can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Baggage and cameras are carried entirely at the owner’s risk, and we accept no responsibility for lost, damaged or delayed property.
Everyone is required to sign a standard liability release or acknowledgement before the trip, acknowledging awareness and acceptance of some risks associated with the trip.
Responsibility – An Important Notice:
Rafting Australia PTY LTD its subsidiaries and cooperating agencies act only in the capacity of agents for the participants in all matters relating to transportation and/or all other related travel services, and assume no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to person or property, however caused, in connection with any service, including, but not limited to that resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, detention, annoyance, delays and expenses arising from quarantine, strikes, theft, pilferage, force majeure, failure of any means of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled, civil disturbances, government restrictions or regulations, and discrepancies or changes in transit over which we have no control. Reasonable changes in itinerary may be made where deemed advisable for the comfort and well-being of the participants, including cancellation due to water fluctuation, insufficient bookings, and other factors. Prices and dates subject to change without notice.
Our guides work very hard to please you and provide an excellent experience. They appreciate whatever feedback you care to give them, including a gratuity if you so desire.
Storage of Personal and Financial Information:
Due to the nature of our product, it is necessary to collect and store a certain amount of personal information. By providing us with the details listed below, you consent to the storage of this information for a period of time deemed appropriate by Rafting Australia.
Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your first name, last name, phone number and email address. Financial information is processed by Pay Pal and is not retained by Rafting Australia
Rafting Australia sends out e-newsletters and occasionally area or activity specific news that we think you’ll want to hear about, but you can count on us NEVER to sell or share your email address with any third party company and you can unsubscribe at any time. Additionally, all personal information is strictly protected
Acknowledgements and expectations of a customer:
1. The CUSTOMER must disclose any pre-existing medical or other conditions that may affect the risk that either the CUSTOMER or any other person will suffer injury loss or damage.
2. The CUSTOMER acknowledges that the PROPRIETOR relies on the information provided by the CUSTOMER, and the CUSTOMER states that all such information is accurate and complete.
3. The CUSTOMER understands and acknowledges the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance and declares that they are not currently under the effect of Alcohol or any mind-altering substance. The CUSTOMER accepts full responsibility for injury loss or damage associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance.
4. The CUSTOMER agrees with the PROPRIETER that the CUSTOMER will obey and will comply with all rules and directions made or given by the proprietor in connection with the trip. In particular, the CUSTOMER has been advised to wear an approved Buoyancy Vest and Helmet at all times during the trip.
5. All accidents, injuries, loss or damage must be reported by the CUSTOMER to the PROPRIETOR before the CUSTOMER leaves the PROPRIETORS property or leaves the trip.
6. If the CUSTOMER suffers any injuries or illness, the CUSTOMER agrees that the PROPRIETOR, servants or agents, may provide evacuation, first aid and medical treatment at the CUSTOMER’S expense and the CUSTOMER’S acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes the CUSTOMER’S consent to such evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment.
7. The CUSTOMER grants permission to the PROPRIETOR to take photographic images or video of the CUSTOMER during the activity and to allow the use of such images for promotional purposes by the PROPRIETOR on the internet and other promotional mediums.